Worms are much more common in adults than previously thought. They and their waste products cause significant damage to health and can cause various diseases.
Ways to get rid of the problem
You can remove worms from the human body with medicines or at home, using folk remedies. Each of the methods has its advantages and disadvantages. For example, various tablets and suspensions can guarantee the rapid achievement of the desired result, but contain toxic substances in their composition. Folk recipes have a milder type of action, but are less effective and the healing process sometimes takes more than a week.
Medical methods of treatment
Anthelmintic tablets will help you get rid of worms quickly. They are very effective, but such drugs can be taken only after consulting a doctor. This is due to the fact that the action of most pills can remove only one type of worm from the body. You will need to pass special tests to determine this.
1. Worms and nematodes
This group of parasites includes toxocara, whipworm, as well as the famous pinworms and roundworms. There are many medications in the form of tablets or suspensions to remove them.
- Albendazole drugs.
- Worm tablets of this type may contain levamisole as the active substance.
- Mebendazole can remove roundworms from the body.
- Pyrantel pamoate tablets show high efficiency in the treatment of adults.
- Pirvinium embonant-based drugs are no less effective.
- Piperazine and carbendanzim are also able to remove worms from the body.
Ocal worms in humans can also settle outside the intestines. Then completely different tablets are used.
In most cases, the above tablets only work on adult parasites. Therefore, in order to completely remove them from the body and prevent re-infection, it is necessary to take the medicine again two weeks after starting the treatment. In this case, it is very important to adhere to the doses stated in the instructions, because anthelmintic tablets have a fairly high toxicity.
Sometimes there is a need for some additional procedures: the use of laxatives or enemas.
2. Remove the tape
This group includes teniasis, echinococcosis, cenurosis, teniasis, asparagus, difilobotriosis, alveococcosis, hymenolepiasis and so on.
To remove them from the body of an adult, it is best to use worm tablets based on:
3. Get rid of flatworms
This group of worms includes spear fluke, Chinese fluke, lung fluke, liver fluke, cat fluke. Preparations for flatworms should be prescribed by a specialist.
Treatment by folk methods
People often do not want to get rid of worms with medication and use various home treatments. Folk remedies are usually less effective, but do not have a very toxic effect. In addition, they are able to eliminate only adult worms. This means that soon the larvae in the human body can hatch and the problem will continue.
You can treat worms at home in a variety of ways, so consider a few of the most common.
- It is necessary to chop a head of garlic or onion, pour a glass of cold water and leave to stand overnight. You can get rid of worms if you drink the resulting infusion in the morning on an empty stomach. This should be done in small sips. It is better to strain the infusion before use. It is also possible to use water with garlic in the form of an enema, which is done at night.
- Herbal infusion. To prepare, mix pumpkin seed powder and wormwood leaves in a ratio of 1: 1 and pour into a bottle of 0, 3 liters. Then pour the vodka to the very top and close the lid tightly. The product should be kept warm or in the sun. At the same time, it is important to shake it periodically. The medicine prepared in this way at home is ready for use in a week. Take twice a day for half an hour before meals (lunch and dinner). The dose required to remove parasites is 50 grams at a time.
- Folk remedies can also help remove tapeworms and roundworms. To do this, on an empty stomach, you need to eat at least two walnut kernels a day.
- You can also beat worms at home with the help of enemas. To prepare it, you need to make a mash of garlic or onion and chop the tansy grass. 50 grams of the resulting mixture should be poured into 0, 5 liters of boiling milk. The tool must then be infused for half an hour in a wrapped form. The milk is then filtered and used as an enema solution. It is best to do this at night.
- The more complex way that people use at home is the following. It is necessary to grind 100 grams of peeled pumpkin seeds into the porridge, add 2 tablespoons of honey and half a glass of water. Use the resulting mixture in the morning on an empty stomach. Then eat a tablespoon every 60 minutes for 60 hours. After the last dose, take a laxative. After another 1-2 hours it is necessary to put an enema. As a result, worms in the body die and are removed from it as soon as possible.
Prevention of drugs against parasites
The tablets are undoubtedly very effective against worms. But many doctors in our time oppose their use for preventive purposes. The only exceptions are when:
- worms were found in one of the family members;
- there are animals in the house;
- the person very often comes into contact with the ground;
- the child goes to kindergarten, school or other institutions where there are a large number of children;
- family members love fishing, hunting, active games on the beach or just in the fresh air (football, volleyball and so on).
In such situations, the probability of worms in the body is quite high. As a prophylactic drug, it is recommended to take the drug with pyratel, because it acts on those groups of parasites that are most common.
General preventive measures
For those who are used to taking pills only if there is a problem, following a few simple rules will help protect themselves from worms:
- Maintain personal hygiene, wash your hands after using the toilet.
- Try eating at home. It’s not about going to visit or cafes, but about snacking on the street.
- Fruits, vegetables and berries should be washed well before eating.
- Meat and fish must be cooked according to all the rules. They must be subjected to heat treatment for disinfection from possible helminth larvae.